Thursday 13 January 2011

A budding young star destined for success




Meet Enya Patricia, one of the designers showing in February's edition. At only just 21, the talented Enya is truly destined for great things after showcasing last year September during London Fashion Week at the BBC Blast; Your Label Show and being invited to exhibit at the V&A Museum.


Have a read and be sure to check out her catwalk show and exhibition this Feb.


Season 3's schedule will soon be posted online but in the meantime you can register to attend and we'll notify you of exact times closer to the date. 


5 words that describe the Enya Patricia Label


Sophisticated
Intriguing
Chic
Alluring
Innovative

When it comes to fashion and developing your brand what drives you?

Simply my love for fashion. Firstly its the satisfaction of seeing a design idea in my head coming to life. Secondly, its the way a single garment or outfit can influence a persons character and allow them to project their personality through their choice of clothing. As a designer I use detailing, quality materials and unique styles and shapes, to give people the opportunity to own clothing that will make them feel extraordinary. Finally and most importantly, I'm driven by the thought of being able to live my life and hopefully build a career to support my family out of what I love doing; producing clothing that hopefully excites people as much as it excites me to create.

Your only 21 and have so far created 4 collections, you showcased during London Fashion Week last season, was invited to exhibit at V&A museum and now Showcasing with Fashion Mavericks this February's London Fashion Week, what dreams do you have for your label? 

I am a self-taught designer, so the position I am currently in after just 18 months is a dream in itself, however I have much larger dreams for my label and have complete faith that they are achievable. I am extremely excited to be part of Fashion Mavericks event this coming season, the collection I will be showcasing is a compelling mixture of fur, leather and shape that builds on a union of sophistication and that of a provocative nature. In the near future I wish to showcase my collections worldwide, attending Fashion Weeks in the industry capitals such as Paris, Milan and New York. I dream of having a label that is recognised and adored for its consistent quality and style. My biggest ambition is to eventually have my own boutiques on a worldwide scale.

Whom do you see wearing your clothing?

People I see wearing my clothing are those who share my passion for fashion, who seek clothing that sets them apart for all the right reasons. I would like to have ranges of clothing accessible to the general public who want to be part of Enya Patricia, I also aspire to have a separate stream of one-off designs crafted for celebrity individuals such as Angelina Jolie for her sophistication to Lady Gaga for her outrageous style and the likes of male style icons such as Jude Law and Johnny Depp.

Where do you see your collection being stocked?

Ultimately in my own Enya Patricia boutique's, however I aim to be be involved with many names which I feel my label would work within, from small boutiques to larger companies such as Selfridges and ASOS.

Who do you consider as your 3 top style icons?

Erin Wasson, Kate Moss, Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen. In my opinion they embody the words 'sexy funky cool' and carry a certain elegance even when portraying a look which is relaxed and thrown together at the 'last minute'.



No comments:

Post a Comment